- The Scotsman Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Scotsman Spa
- Offers & Prices
- Entertainment Guide
- Offers & Packages
- Taste of Edinburgh Dining Experiences
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- DDR Package Competition
- Taste of Edinburgh Top 5 Sweet Treats
- Edinburgh Shopping Experiences
- Autumn Well-being Tips
- Edinburgh Designer Shopping
- Shoe Trends For A/W 14
- Aveda Facials at the Scotsman Spa
- Arts and Craft Shopping in Edinburgh
- Rosie Steer's Style Tips
- Edinburgh's Style Secrets
- 21st Century Kilts
- Architecture in Edinburgh
- Shoe Trends AW14
- Pam Jenkins
- Edinburgh Dining Competition
- Edinburgh Fine Dining Competition
Luxury Edinburgh Hotel with Disabled Access
Making your stay at The Scotsman as accessible as
Please find outlined below our information. We hope to ensure you enjoy your visit to The Scotsman Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Edinburgh Airport (20 minute drive) or Waverly Train Station (5 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- We have a limited parking bay outside the hotel that can be used for disabled parking provided the car has a disabled parking pass, you can use this area to unload luggage and then you will be given directions to a more suitable area to park your car for a longer period.
- Entrance to the hotel is on the street level and can be accessed by a wheelchair.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room.
- Floor is marble and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Low level desk is available for registration.
- Reception is all on one level.
- Two lifts are available to the guest bedrooms, leisure facilities and conference and banqueting facilities.
- Our corridors are well lit, carpeted and have small levels of incline.
- Access to the Drawing room and Brasserie bar is suitable for a wheelchair.
- The business desk is located in the Vermillion Lounge area, which is wheelchair accessible by lift from the reception
- We also provide internet access in the bedroom.
- The Scotsman Spa & Health Club is fully accessible for wheelchair access. We do not have a chair lift for access to the pool.
- We have a designated disabled public toilet in the hotel located on the 4th floor. We also have three disable bedrooms with full access to the toilets which have been fitted with grab rails. (This is subject to hotel availability)
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. A fire alarm sounder test will take place on Monday morning.
The Vermillion Lounge, North Bridge Brasserie and Conference Rooms
- There is ample movable seating in the Brasserie and lounge area.
- We also provide 24 hour in room dinning should you wish to eat from the comfort of your room.
- All areas are well lit.
- All our conference rooms are accessible by wheel chair.
- All bedrooms are accessible from the lift.
- The bedrooms have ample room for a wheelchair user.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- Small fridges are available in all bedrooms and are available for conference rooms, on request, for medication.
- We are able to use the front door in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, and openly welcome any suggestions you may have to continuously improve the information we provide.
If you require any further information or assistance please call 0131 556 5565.
- Mothers Day Break
Luxury Mother’s Day Break in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Parkland Golf Offer with Ultimate Golf Service
Enjoy an Edinburgh Golf Break at The Scotsman from just £145
- Scottish Links Golf Experience with Ultimate Golf Service
Hotel Stay and Links Golf for Only £170
- Best Rate Guaranteed: Bed & Breakfast
Best Rate Guaranteed: Bed & Breakfast
- Indulgence Package at The Scotsman Hotel
Luxury Indulgence Package in Edinburgh
- Mother’s Day at The Scotsman Hotel
- The Scotsman Hotel Awarded Five-Star Rating for Another Year
- Valentine’s Day at North Bridge Brasserie
- How to Spend the Winter Months in Edinburgh
- January Spa Offers
- Burns Supper with Haig Whisky Cocktails
- A Taste of Scotland at the North Bridge Brasserie
- Festive Residential Packages at The Scotsman Hotel
- December Scotsman Spa Offers
- Fine Dining Tips for Taste of Edinburgh
- Shortbread House of Edinburgh for Taste of Edinburgh
- Eat Walk Edinburgh for Taste of Edinburgh
- The Scotch Whisky Experience for Taste of Edinburgh
- Pre-Register For The Scotsman Hotel's Wedding Fayre
- Whisky Tasting Tips For Taste of Edinburgh
- Exclusive Offer from Glenkinchie Distillery
- Taste of Scotland Menu by Paul Hart
- Scottish Cuisine at Scran and Scallie
- Guest Blog My Trip to The Scotsman Hotel’s Screening Room
- Friday the 13th Halloween Screening
- The Film Fan's Guide to Edinburgh
- The Top Five Outdoor Spaces and Parks in Edinburgh
- Autumn Offers at the Scotsman Spa and Health Club
- Celebrate Chocolate Week with Limited Edition Afternoon Tea
- 20 Percent Discount Spa Membership Offer For Students
- Our Favourite Buildings in All of Edinburgh
- Billecart-Salmon Champagne with Taste of Edinburgh
- Discover Scotland’s Most Stylish Kilts with Taste of Edinburgh
- Exclusive Top Style Tips for Taste of Edinburgh
- Unique Shopping Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Scotsman Spa Well-being Tips with Taste of Edinburgh
- Autumn Beauty Trends with Taste of Edinburgh
- Two New Edinburgh Golf Offers with Ultimate Golf Service
- Accessory Trends For A/W 14 with Taste of Edinburgh
- Designer Shopping with Taste of Edinburgh
- Indulgent Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 3 - Sweet Treats
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 2 - Best Festival Tips
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 1 - Introduction to Taste of Edinburgh
- Celebrate Your Big Day for Only £3,999
- Enjoy the Best of the 2014 Ryder Cup Action in The Scotsman Screening Room
- Edinburgh Tattoo and Dining Experience with North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Named as One of the Five Most Historic Hotels in Europe
- A Summer of Sport at The Scotsman
- 2014 Summer Wedding Offer & inspiring Wedding Open Evening
- Soothing Spa and Stay Packages for the 12th Edinburgh Marathon
- Whisky Pairing Dinner
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor