- The Scotsman Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- Aveda Spa
- Entertainment Guide
Luxury Edinburgh Hotel with Disabled Access
Making your stay at The Scotsman as accessible as
Please find outlined below our information. We hope to ensure you enjoy your visit to The Scotsman Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Edinburgh Airport (20 minute drive) or Waverly Train Station (5 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- We have a limited parking bay outside the hotel that can be used for disabled parking provided the car has a disabled parking pass, you can use this area to unload luggage and then you will be given directions to a more suitable area to park your car for a longer period.
- Entrance to the hotel is on the street level and can be accessed by a wheelchair.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room.
- Floor is marble and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Low level desk is available for registration.
- Reception is all on one level.
- Two lifts are available to the guest bedrooms, leisure facilities and conference and banqueting facilities.
- Our corridors are well lit, carpeted and have small levels of incline.
- Access to the Drawing room and Brasserie bar is suitable for a wheelchair.
- The business desk is located in the Vermillion Lounge area, which is wheelchair accessible by lift from the reception
- We also provide internet access in the bedroom.
- The Scotsman Spa & Health Club is fully accessible for wheelchair access. We do not have a chair lift for access to the pool.
- We have a designated disabled public toilet in the hotel located on the 4th floor. We also have three disable bedrooms with full access to the toilets which have been fitted with grab rails. (This is subject to hotel availability)
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. A fire alarm sounder test will take place on Monday morning.
The Vermillion Lounge, North Bridge Brasserie and Conference Rooms
- There is ample movable seating in the Brasserie and lounge area.
- We also provide 24 hour in room dinning should you wish to eat from the comfort of your room.
- All areas are well lit.
- All our conference rooms are accessible by wheel chair.
- All bedrooms are accessible from the lift.
- The bedrooms have ample room for a wheelchair user.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- Small fridges are available in all bedrooms and are available for conference rooms, on request, for medication.
- We are able to use the front door in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, and openly welcome any suggestions you may have to continuously improve the information we provide.
If you require any further information or assistance please call 0131 556 5565.
- Mother's Day Break - Every Sunday in March & April
Mother's Day Break - Every Sunday in March & April
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Bed, Breakfast & Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
Two Nights Bed & Breakfast, with 1 Afternoon Tea in Edinburgh
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - October 2013
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- New Lunch Menus at the North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor