- The Scotsman
- Rooms & Suites
- Meetings & Events
- News & Press
- Offers & Prices
- The Spa
- Entertainment Guide
Luxury Edinburgh Hotel with Disabled Access
Making your stay at The Scotsman as accessible as
Please find outlined below our information. We hope to ensure you enjoy your visit to The Scotsman Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Edinburgh Airport (20 minute drive) or Waverly Train Station (5 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- We have a limited parking bay outside the hotel that can be used for disabled parking provided the car has a disabled parking pass, you can use this area to unload luggage and then you will be given directions to a more suitable area to park your car for a longer period.
- Entrance to the hotel is on the street level and can be accessed by a wheelchair.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room.
- Floor is marble and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Low level desk is available for registration.
- Reception is all on one level.
- Two lifts are available to the guest bedrooms, leisure facilities and conference and banqueting facilities.
- Our corridors are well lit, carpeted and have small levels of incline.
- Access to the Drawing room and Brasserie bar is suitable for a wheelchair.
- The business desk is located in the Vermillion Lounge area, which is wheelchair accessible by lift from the reception
- We also provide internet access in the bedroom.
- The Scotsman Spa & Health Club is fully accessible for wheelchair access. We do not have a chair lift for access to the pool.
- We have a designated disabled public toilet in the hotel located on the 4th floor. We also have three disable bedrooms with full access to the toilets which have been fitted with grab rails. (This is subject to hotel availability)
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. A fire alarm sounder test will take place on Monday morning.
The Vermillion Lounge, North Bridge Brasserie and Conference Rooms
- There is ample movable seating in the Brasserie and lounge area.
- We also provide 24 hour in room dinning should you wish to eat from the comfort of your room.
- All areas are well lit.
- All our conference rooms are accessible by wheel chair.
- All bedrooms are accessible from the lift.
- The bedrooms have ample room for a wheelchair user.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- Small fridges are available in all bedrooms and are available for conference rooms, on request, for medication.
- We are able to use the front door in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, and openly welcome any suggestions you may have to continuously improve the information we provide.
If you require any further information or assistance please call 0131 556 5565.
- Edinburgh Tattoo
Edinburgh Tattoo with the Scotsman Hotel
- Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman Hotel
Edinburgh Tours with The Scotsman and Mercat
- Half Term Getaway: Kids Stay for Free
Kids Stay for Free During Half-Term at the Scotsman
- Loch Ness Explorer
Two Nights at The Scotsman & a Trip to Loch Ness
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast in Edinburgh
- World Whisky Day at the Scotsman Hotel 17th - 19th May
- Wine Tasting Dinner - 25th April
- March 31st 2013 Wedding Fayre
- Valentines Dinner by Paul Hart
- Burns Night Supper at the North Bridge Brasserie
- Executive Head Chef Paul Hart: Christmas Demos
- Monday Supper Club by Paul Hart
- The Scotsman Hotel: Gluten Free Afternoon Tea