- The Scotsman
- Rooms & Suites
- Offers & Prices
- Taste of Edinburgh
- Christmas Deals
- Entertainment Guide
- Offers & Packages
- Taste of Edinburgh Dining Experiences
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- DDR Package Competition
- Taste of Edinburgh Top 5 Sweet Treats
- Edinburgh Shopping Experiences
- Autumn Well-being Tips
- Edinburgh Designer Shopping
- Shoe Trends For A/W 14
- Aveda Facials at the Scotsman Spa
- Arts and Craft Shopping in Edinburgh
- Rosie Steer's Style Tips
- Edinburgh's Style Secrets
- 21st Century Kilts
- Architecture in Edinburgh
- Shoe Trends AW14
- Pam Jenkins
- Edinburgh Dining Competition
- Edinburgh Fine Dining Competition
The Scotsman Hotel Filming & Photoshoot Policy
Purpose of The Scotsman Hotel Filming Policy
To provide a comprehensive film and photoshoot liaison policy and service, so that space and facilities at The Scotsman Hotel and restaurant can be used by external media production organisations as film locations, without disruption or cost to The Scotsman Hotel.
- To provide a service that takes into account the complex requirements of production companies in utilising film / photoshoot locations, the physical resources of the hotels and restaurants that might be suitable for their requirements, and the interests of all Eton hotel and restaurant in-resident guests and staff
- To minimise disruption of normal hotel activities.
- To provide and control general access to the hotels exterior locations and to provide limited access to interior locations for commercial production companies producing feature films, commercials, still photography and general entertainment programs.
- To preserve the reputation and public image of The Scotsman, North Bridge Brasserie, and the Scotsman Spa & Health Club.
Requests for filming
Requests for filming to be handled by General Manager, Helen Gallagher:
- No film location requests will be approved which seriously disrupt the normal activities of the hotels and restaurants.
- No major set construction or alteration of buildings will be permitted. Any set decoration must be clearly specified in writing and all areas occupied in connection with the filming must be returned to their normal condition.
- The production company is responsible for maintaining adequate public and employer's liability insurance against accident, injury to its employees and third parties, third party loss, damage and all other risks normally insured against by others carrying on a similar business.
- Production agencies filming locations which require auxiliary sources of power must use silenced generators and suspend or cover all cables at their own expense.
- It is the commercial production company's responsibility to apply for any external filming licenses required for the surrounding property areas, for example, partial or full road closures.
- A program script must be submitted prior to the commencement of filming so it can be assessed that the filming will not damage the reputation or image of the business.
- Neither employees of The Scotsman Hotel nor in-house guests are to be approached to appear in the production unless by prior arrangement.
Fees and other charges
- Bedrooms will be charged at the usual room charge rate should the room be required from 2pm to 11am the following day. Should you require a day hire of the room (for example 9am - 6pm) the room is blocked off by the hotel the night before and after to ensure early / late access. This incurs an additional room night charge (i.e. 2 nights).
- Conference rooms and facilities, the restaurants and bar areas will be charged at either a half day, full day (8 hours) or 24 hours depending on your requirements.
- Communal spaces such as the corridors, reception / lobby areas, the honesty bar, stairways, lifts and main guest toilets will be charged on a bespoke basis.
- If filming is scheduled through the night, there may be an additional night porter charge for a member of The Scotsman Hotel team to accompany your team.
- Whenever a location fee is being charged, a 'Contract for Filming' agreement will be entered into between the hotel or restaurant, and the production agency.
- All arrangements, including the payment of the location fees and evidence of insurance must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of filming.
- Should additional fees be incurred during the filming, such as refreshments or damage to property, they will be invoiced after the event on a 30 day period.
Cancellations & Exceeding Time Allocation
- If the event is cancelled more than 8 weeks prior to the photographic shoot, there is no cancellation fee.
- If cancellation notice is 8-10 weeks prior to the event, then 50% is payable by the Client
- If cancellation notice is 4-7 weeks prior to the event, then 75% is payable by the Client
- If cancellation notice is 2-3 weeks prior to the event, then 90% is payable by the Client
- If cancellation notice is under one week prior to the event, then 100% is payable by the Client
- If the event runs over the agree time allocated, an additional hourly fee will be applicable.
- Christmas Residential Package
Celebrate Christmas with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- New Year's Residential Package
Ring in the New Year with The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh
- Retail Therapy Residential Package
Festive Retail Therapy at The Scotsman Hotel
- Sparkling Christmas Parties
Throw Your Christmas Party at The Scotsman Hotel
- Festive Afternoon Tea
White Christmas Afternoon Tea at The Scotsman Hotel
- The Scotch Whisky Experience for Taste of Edinburgh
- Pre-Register For The Scotsman Hotel's Wedding Fayre
- Whisky Tasting Tips For Taste of Edinburgh
- Exclusive Offer from Glenkinchie Distillery
- Taste of Scotland Menu by Paul Hart
- Scottish Cuisine at Scran and Scallie
- Guest Blog My Trip to The Scotsman Hotel’s Screening Room
- Friday the 13th Halloween Screening
- The Film Fan's Guide to Edinburgh
- The Top Five Outdoor Spaces and Parks in Edinburgh
- Autumn Offers at the Scotsman Spa and Health Club
- Celebrate Chocolate Week with Limited Edition Afternoon Tea
- 20 Percent Discount Spa Membership Offer For Students
- Our Favourite Buildings in All of Edinburgh
- Billecart-Salmon Champagne with Taste of Edinburgh
- Discover Scotland’s Most Stylish Kilts with Taste of Edinburgh
- Exclusive Top Style Tips for Taste of Edinburgh
- Unique Shopping Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Scotsman Spa Well-being Tips with Taste of Edinburgh
- Autumn Beauty Trends with Taste of Edinburgh
- Two New Edinburgh Golf Offers with Ultimate Golf Service
- Accessory Trends For A/W 14 with Taste of Edinburgh
- Designer Shopping with Taste of Edinburgh
- Indulgent Experiences with Taste of Edinburgh
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 3 - Sweet Treats
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 2 - Best Festival Tips
- Taste of Edinburgh Blog 1 - Introduction to Taste of Edinburgh
- Celebrate Your Big Day for Only £3,999
- Enjoy the Best of the 2014 Ryder Cup Action in The Scotsman Screening Room
- Edinburgh Tattoo and Dining Experience with North Bridge Brasserie
- The Scotsman Named as One of the Five Most Historic Hotels in Europe
- A Summer of Sport at The Scotsman
- A Taste of Scotland at the North Bridge Brasserie
- 2014 Summer Wedding Offer & inspiring Wedding Open Evening
- Soothing Spa and Stay Packages for the 12th Edinburgh Marathon
- Whisky Pairing Dinner
- Lunch Menus at Edinburgh's North Bridge Brasserie
- Luxury Wedding Fayre at The Scotsman - 9th March 2014
- Valentine's at the Scotsman Hotel
- Burns Night Supper
- New Year, New You: Personal Training and Spa Offers
- Wine Tasting with Greywacke's Kevin Judd - 14th January 2014
- Christmas and New Year in Edinburgh with the Scotsman
- The Scotsman Hotel Named One of the Best by Condé Nast Traveller
- The Scotsman Hotel: New Aveda Spa Launch - 1st November
- 35 Percent Off All Therapies & Products at Scotsman Spa Edinburgh
- Scottish Whisky Tasting from 14th October at North Bridge Brasserie
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
- Pre-Theatre Dining: 5.30pm-6.45pm All Week
- Edinburgh Tattoo with The Scotsman Hotel: 2 – 24 August
- The Scotsman Hotel Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor